Тема: Вариант №4
Предмет: Английский язык
Тип работы: Контрольная работа
Кол-во страниц: 10
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в каждом из них видовременную форму и залог глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения.
1. A new concept is based on our understanding that Earth is an integral system,
2. The air in many towns and cities is being polluted by traffic and industry.
3. In the First and Second World Wars London was mined considerably.
4. Our power stations have been connected by high-voltage transmission lines into several networks.
II. Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. It is well-known that technological progress is impossible without electronics, computers, robots and new materials.
2. That ecological problems have become the most important ones at present is evident to all.
3. It is difficult for mankind to predict changes in the environment accurately.
III. Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на р;> шые значения глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. Mankind has never experienced changes in life and work on such a scale.
2. Electricity has many important applications in industry as well as in our houses.
3. Within a few coming years a quantity production of various materials is to begin in space.
IV. Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1.The experimental computing machine the scientist demonstrated had been developed for five years.
2 A new method of cooling the laboratory tests can generate cryogenic temperatures of 200°C below zero.
V. Перепишите предложения и переведите их, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива.
1. The radar detects the stationary objects ahead of the car to warn the driver about them and slow down the speed.
2. Copernics was the first to explain properly our solar system. . To work with computer was not new to many of us. . ft was pleasant to be helping him again.
VI. Прочтите и переведите текст. Перепишите и переведите 2-й и 3-йабзацы.
Пояснения к тексту
urban climate - городской климат
sulphur dioxide (SO2) - диоксид серы
mention - упоминать
ECOLOGICAL PROBLEMS OF BIG CITIES
1. There are over 150 supercities in the world with population from one to 15 million and more. Tokyo, New York, London, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and Moscow are just a few of the cities which have become supercities.
2. People in the supercities suffer from polluted environment; bad water, bad air and noise. A new term, urban climate, is used now for such cities. It means high temperature, oppressive atmosphere and intensive smog.
3. Some experts consider that it is practically impossible to protect the big cities from pollution. The World Health Organization (WHO) studied air pollution around the world for over eight years. It measured two things: the level of sulphur dioxide (SCb) in the air and the level of smoke. Sulphur dioxide and smoke pollute water and have serious effect on forest, buildings and health of people.
4. In the WHO report it is shown that the cities with the most considerable level of SO2 in the air are Milan, Teheran, Prague, Santiago and Sao Paulo. However, some cities with clean air get worse in winter. Helsinki, for example, becomes one of the cities with the largest proportion of it in the air in winter. This must be connected with the heating of houses. One can also mention Glasgow and Warsaw which suffer in the same way.
VII. Прочтите 4-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос:
Why do some cities with clean air become worse in winter -
1 because of smog.
2 because of the heating of houses
3 because of bad water.
ПРИМЕЧАНИЕ: Заочное отделение, ФКз-84, 1 курс
Товар был добавлен в наш каталог Вторник, 10 Января 2012